This section describes how to create and process a project in order to generate a NDVI index map for the whole project.
A) Create a new project:
1. Start Pix4Dmapper.
2. On the menu bar, click Project > New Project....
3. The New Project wizard opens.
4. In Name: Type a name for the project. In this example type example_agriculture.
5. (Optional) In Create In: Click on Browse, and on the Select Project Location pop-up window, navigate to select the folder where the project and results will be stored and click Select Folder.
6. (Optional) Activate the check box Use As Default Project Location to save all new projects in the selected folder.
7. In the section Project Type, keep selected the default option New Project.
8. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Images window.
9. Click Add Directories... and select the images folder to add the images to the project.
10. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Image Properties window. The image geolocation does not exist in the image EXIF data and has to be loaded from a file. The image geolocation coordinate system is WGS84 with vertical coordinate system given by a Geoid Height Above WGS 84 Ellipsoid of 0 meters. It is already set in the Image Properties window under section Image Coordinate System and does not need to be changed.
11. In the section Image Geolocation > Geolocation and Orientation, click From File....
12. On the Select Geolocation File window, under File Format, keep selected the default option Latitude, Longitude, Altitude.
13. On the Select Geolocation File window, under File, click Browse....
14. Select the image geolocation file image_geolocation.txt from the inputs folder and click Open.
15. On the Select Geolocation File window, click OK.
The image geolocation is loaded. The camera model is loaded from the camera model database (CanonPowerShotS110_5.2_4048x3048 (Red,Green,NIR)).
16. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Processing Options Template window.
17. On the left of the window, select the Ag Modified Camera template.
18. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Output Coordinate System window. By default the last output coordinate system selected in the software is selected.
19. Under Unit, select m.
20. Select Auto Detected.
21. Select Advanced Coordinate Options and under Vertical Coordinate System select Geoid Height Above WGS 84 Ellipsoid. Set the value to 0.
22. Click Finish to finish the wizard and create the project. The Processing bar opens at the bottom of the main window.
B) Process the project:
1. On the menu bar, click Process > Processing Options... to open the Processing Options window.
2. On the Processing bar, click Start to start the processing.
Once processing is finished, the NDVI Index Map can be visualized and exported in the Index Calculator.