Error e0050: "Orthomosaic generation stopped"
Processing stopped in step 3, while generating the Orthomosaic.
There are different causes:
- When using Pix4Dmapper 1.2.62 , there was a bug in the software that can not read large files from point cloud to step 3.
- The error comes if there is not enough space in hard disk for the temporary files used to generate the Orthomosaic.
- There is not enough RAM.
If using 1.2.62:
- Download and use the latest release: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/.
- Ensure that there is enough free space on the hard disk where the project stores the outputs.
- Ensure that there are at least 5GB of available RAM per 100'000'000 Densified Point Cloud points:
1. Open the project log file and locate the lines:
Total RAM = XXGB, available RAM = XXGB
Load point cloud: loading point cloud <PATH TO FILE/projectname_densified_point_cloud_part_XX.p4b>
Load point cloud: [XX points] processed step in XXms.
2. For each 100'000'000 Densified Point Cloud points, 5GB of RAM are used to load the points, but it is needed as well extra RAM to load other files, approximately, it is needed 12GB of RAM every 100'000'000 Densified Point Cloud Points. Change the process options to generate less 3D points: 202560419.