Error: "Network error: Please check your internet connection. SSL handshake failed".
Error when logging in Pix4D Desktop.
There might be the following causes:
1. A Very powerful firewall that does deep packet inspection.
2. The root and/or intermediate SSL certificates are not installed on the local machine.
A very powerful firewall that does deep packet inspection
Contact the System Administrator to allow an exception to fix the issue.
The root and/or intermediate SSL certificates are not installed on the local machine
1. Visit cloud.pix4d.com using the credentials of the Pix4D account with Internet Explorer to install the root and intermediate certificates.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Launch Pix4Dmapper.
If this does not solve the issue, install the certificates manually:
1. Download and Install the certificates files (root and intermediate):
1. Save in the computer the attached files in the article: pix4d_intermediate.crt and pix4d_root.cer.
2. Double click on the pix4d_intermediate.crt and follow the wizard to install locally the certificate:
2.1. In the General Tab, Click Install Certificate...
2.2. As store location select: Current User and click Next.
2.3. Ensure that "Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate" is selected and click Next.
2.4. Click Finish.
2.5. The following message will appear: "The import was successful.".
3. Double click on the pix4d_root.cer and follow the wizard to install locally the certificate (see instructions above 2.1 to 2.5).
4. Restart the computer.
5. Install Pix4Dmapper.
2. Confirm that the certificates have been successfully installed:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools > Internet Options > Content > Certificates.
3. Select the Intermediate Certification Authorities tab.
4. Search the Certificate:
Issued to: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
Issued By: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
Expiry Date: 10.11.2031
Once you confirm that the Intermediate certificate is in the system do the same for the root certificate:
5. Select the Intermediate Certification Authorities tab.
6. Search the Certificate:
Issued to: Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority - G2
Issued By: Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority - G2
Expiry date: 01.01.2038
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)