"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".
This error may come from different reasons:
- The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for Pix4Dmapper.
- Windows is not updated.
- Not full access to the folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\.
To troubleshoot the issue follow the items below in order, after each item, restart the computer and try the installation again.
if it fails, proceed to the next item listed:
1. Confirm that the computer, where Pix4Dmapper is being installed, has the minimum requirements: System requirements: Minimum and recommended computer specifications.
2. Ensure that is Windows updated.
3. Change the permissions to full access to:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\
1. Ensure that the hidden files and folders are shown in Windows:
1.1. Open the Control Panel in Windows.
1.2. Click on File Explorer Options to open the File Explorer Options pop-up.
1.3. In the tab View under the section Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
1.4. Click OK.
2. Open File Explorer and locate the folder mentioned above.
3. Right-click on the folder and select Properties. The Windows Properties pop up window will appear.
4. Select the tab Security.
5. Click Edit..., the Permissions for Windows pop up window will open.
6. On Group or user names, select the desired user.
7. Ensure that the Allow check box for Full control is activated, else activate it.
8. On the Permissions for Window pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
9. On the Windows Properties pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
4. If the above suggestions do not solve the issue, send the installation log file to the Technical Support Team by submitting a request here.
To generate the installation log file:
- Check for the path where the .msi file is located. For example: C:\Users\Downloads\Pix4Dmapper.msi.
- Decide the path of the log, for example: C:\Users\Documents\pix4d.log.
- Open a command shell. Click on start and type cmd.exe and press enter.
- In the command shell window type the following instructions and ensure the correct path to the .msi file and the log file is set:
msiexec /i "C:\Users\Downloads\Pix4Dmapper.msi" /L*V "C:\Users\Documents\pix4d.log"
Disclaimer: Pix4D publishes this information as a courtesy to its customers. Because this information may not be accurate, Pix4D makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to its validity.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)
I simply fixed my issue by disabling AV and then running the setup as administrator. Hope that helps.
Thank you for sharing your findings!
I have the same problem, and I disabled Anti-Virus and still when I try and open Pix4D I get this error.
Did you try to run the setup as administrator as Vin suggested in the above comment?
Actually i found the problem, our IT department was testing a program on the network, where they must white list programs installed. . .the installer was fine, but needed to be added to the white list of acceptable programs.
It's good to hear that the problem has been overcome!
Enjoy Pix4D ;)
I have the same problem and I cant acsm file
Can you please help me out?
Have you tried with
- disabling AV and then running the setup as administrator?
- adding Pix4Dmapper to the whitelist of trusted programs in your antivirus software?
Hello dear, I have facing some issue with dl file. Currently i am working on crdownload file but some pop up was show on my screen when i open my project.
Can you please tell me the solution to solve the dll file is missing error.
Wonderful post, thanks for sharing with us.
I always have issues trying to open files like a DLL or to open pdf file in my desktop. Thanks for your help
Hi John and Avina,
Do you get this error while using any of our Pix4D products? Have you followed the instructions mentioned in the above article regarding the Windows update, the hardware minimum requirements, and the access to the C folder?
Superb, I appreciate your efforts and findings
I am searching for that information for a long time, so I can use this into my project on how to open md file.
thanks for sharing it with us.
great info... thanks
i have a problem that is "there is a problem with this Windows installer package program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected contact your support personnel or package vendor action launch register explorer location program file Abbyy
Hello Kirti, do you get this error when trying our Pix4D products?