1. Open the rayCloud: On the Menu bar, click View > rayCloud.
2. On the left sidebar, in the section Layers, click Tie Points, then click GCPs / MTPs. The list of GCPs is displayed:
3. Select a GCP in the layer GCPs / MTPs: the right sidebar displays its properties and the list of images in which it is visible.
4. Navigate on the images to find the exact location of the GCP:
- Zoom in: Moving the mouse scroll wheel forwards.
- Zoom out: Moving the mouse scroll wheel backwards.
- Pan: Using the mouse left clicking.
- To change the size of the images: Move the thumb of Image Size bar.
5. Mark the exact position of the GCP on at least 2 images using the left mouse click.
6. Click Automatic Marking: Pix4Dmapper will search for automatic color correlation of the clicked pixel on the rest of the images. Thereby, the position of the GCP will be optimized in more than the clicked images if the color correlation is good. The images that have a green and a yellow cross are taken into account during processing.
7. Check the rest of the images where no yellow cross appears:
- If the green cross indicates the correct GCP position: There is no need to mark the point on more images.
- If the green cross indicates the wrong GCP position: Mark the GCP on more images. Every time the GCP is marked on a new image, the green cross gets closer to the correct place.
8. When the green cross is at the correct position in most images, click Apply.
9. Repeat steps 3. to 8. for the rest of the GCPs.
10. When all GCPs are marked on the images, click Process > Reoptimize. This reoptimizes the reconstruction using the GCPs.
11. (optional) To Generate a new Quality Report, click Process > Generate Quality Report.