With section 4. Color Maps and Prescription it is possible to:
- Change the number of Classes:
By default the number of Classes is set to 5.
The number of Classes is limited between a minimum of 2 to maximum of 32.
- Increase/decrease the number of Classes by pressing on the arrows:
Increase the number of Classes.
Decrease the number of Classes.
- Enter the number of Classes directly:
Input the number (from 2 to 32) with the keyboard.
- Select the classifying method from the drop-down list:
There are three ways of splitting the classes, Equal Area and Equal Spacing and Jenks.
By default, the Equal Area method is selected from the drop-down list.
- Equal Area
When Equal Area is selected, the classes are defined by the area that each index value interval occupies.
- Equal Spacing
When Equal Spacing is selected, the intervals are divided equally within the min/max range.
When Jenks is selected, intervals are divided using the Jenks natural breaks optimization method. For more information: Wikipedia.
Enter the minimum and maximum index values to set a range:
By default the Min/Max values are not set the same values as the minimum/maximum index values of the data. The default values are displayed above under Index Map section, and it can be set manually here:
- To display the pixels that have an index value outside the selected range (Min/Max) with the color of the minimum or maximum selected index values, select the Clamped box.
- To display with transparency, the pixels that have an index value outside the selected range (Min/Max), deselect Clamped box is deselected.
- Enter the Prescriptions of each Class:
1. Click Prescription... to open the Prescription pop-up.
2. (optional) For each Class, under the column Comment, type in comments, based on the information acquired from on-site scouting. For example, the comments can be based on the plant's health condition based on the notes taken in the field.
3. (optional) For each Class, under the column Rate, type in rate values based on which fertilizer will be applied.