Go Pro cameras can have pixel resolution of 12MP, 7 MP, 5MP. The 12MP resolution has bigger distortions.
Pix4Dmapper is able to manage these distortions. So, the images should be taken with the highest resolution (12MP). This is because, higher pixel resolution leads to more points for the reconstruction.
For more information about how to use the GoPro 2, GoPro 3 and GoPro 3+ cameras with Pix4Dmapper: 202560399.
In order to use GoPro HERO2, GoPro HERO3, GoPro HERO3+, GoPro HERO4, GoPro HERO Session, and other related GoPro cameras for processing with Pix4Dmapper:
1. Capture images with the highest possible image resolution. Check your camera's manual or contact GoPro to verify the highest possible image resolution for your camera.
2. If you cannot trigger the camera based on distance, set up the image rate to take an image every n seconds using GoPro's Photo Time Lapse:
n depends on the speed you move the camera:
- For walking: n = 0.5 - 1 seconds
- For flying with Phantom Vision: n = 1 -2 seconds
3. Ensure sufficient overlap (at least 80% for terrestrial imagery, and 60% for nadir UAV flights: for more information about recommended flight plans: 202557409).
4. Create a project and process the images: 202557359.