An Automatic Tie Point (ATP) is a 3D point corresponding to a keypoint that is automatically detected and matched in the images.
A Manual Tie Point (MTP) is a 3D point corresponding to a keypoint that is marked (clicked) by the user in the images. A typical use is for assessing and improving the reconstruction accuracy.
Manual Tie Points can be added using rayCloud after step 1. Initial Processing has been done.
1. On the menu bar click View > rayCloud.
2. In the 3D view, select a point in the area where the MTP has to be added.
3. Click New Tie Point to insert a new Manual Tie Point.
4. A new MTP and its information is added on the right sidebar, in the Selection section.
5. (optional) Change the name: Double click the Label cell of the Manual Tie Point and type the desired name.
6. Navigate on each image to find the exact location of the Manual Tie Point:
- Zoom in: Moving the mouse scroll wheel forwards.
- Zoom out: Moving the mouse scroll wheel backwards.
- Pan: Using the mouse left clicking.
- Change the size of the images: Move the slider of the Image Size bar.
7. Mark the Manual Tie Point on at least two images using the left mouse click.
8. Check the images that have not been marked:
- If the green cross corresponds to the correct Manual Tie Point position: Then there is no need to mark the point on more images.
- If the green cross does not correspond to the correct Manual Tie Point position: Click on more images. Every time you click on one image, the green cross approaches more the correct place.
9. (optional) Click Automatic Marking to automatically mark the 3D point in the images that have not been marked.
10. When the green cross is at the correct place in most images, click Apply.
11. Repeat step 2 to 10 to add more Manual Tie Points.
12. When all Manual Tie Points are marked on the images, click Process > Reoptimize. This reoptimizes the reconstruction using the Manual Tie Points.
13. (optional) To Generate the new Quality Report, click Process > Generate Quality Report.