Is possible in Pix4Dmapper to import a point cloud generated by an external source like LiDAR. Pix4mapper will use this point cloud in order to generate the DSM, orthomosaic, and other outputs from step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.
The imported point cloud can be visualized in the rayCloud and it only has processing purposes. To visualize an external point cloud: 202560759.
In order to import the external point cloud, follow the steps:
1. Create a project: 202557369.
2. Click View > Processing.
3. Run only step 1. Initial Processing. Ensure that step 1. Initial Processing is activated and that step 2. Point Cloud and Mesh and step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index are deactivated.
4. Click Start.
5. Once the Initial Processing is completed, on the Menu bar, click Process > Import Point Cloud for DSM Generation...
6. Navigate to the point cloud file that should be in .xyz, .laz, .las format.
7. (optional) Run only step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index to generate the DSM and orthomosaic based on the external point cloud. Deactivate step 1. Initial Processing and Step 2. Point Cloud and Mesh and activate step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.
8. Click Start.