Pix4D Desktop can generate contour lines. For more information: 202558469.
In order to generate contour lines with Global Mapper:
1. Open Global Mapper.
2. Drag and drop to import the .tif DSM.
3. On the Menu bar, click Analysis > Generate contours...
4. In the window Contour Generation Options, check the settings and click OK.
Depending on the area and its elevation, some tiny contours might be generated (see picture below).
In order to improve visually the contour lines :
1. On the Menu bar, click Edit > Select All Features with Digitizer Tool.
2. After all features are selected automatically, click the Digitizer Tool .
3. Right click on the main view and click Attribute/Style Functions > Add/Update the Measure Attributes of selected Feature(s).
4. On the Menu bar, click Search > Search by Attributes, Name and Description.
5. In the window Search Vector Data, in the section Searh Criteria, select LENGTH from the drop-down list under Attributre/Item. Enter a Compare Value. All the contours that have length below this value will be selected.
6. Click Delete Selected.
Contour lines are often sharp and need to be smoothed. This can be done with Global Mapper following:
1. On the Menu bar, click Edit.
2. Click Select All Features with Digitizer Tool.
3. After all features are selected automatically, click the Digitizer Tool .
4. Right click on the main view and click Move/Reshape feature(s) > SMOOTH - Smooth Selected Line/Area Feature(s).
Disclaimer: Pix4D publishes this information as a courtesy to its customers. Pix4D makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to the content's validity or accuracy.