When the area of interest is very big and the amount of data is large, multiple Pix4Dmapper projects can be created for one area. To merge the orthomosaics that are generated from the multiple projects, an external GIS software like Quantum GIS can be used:
In order to merge the different GeoTiff orthomosaic files in Quantum GIS:
1. Open Quantum GIS.
2. On the Menu bar, click Raster > Miscellaneous > Merge.
3. In Input files, click Select and select the tiles to merge and click Open (Use the shift key in order to select all).
4. In Output files, click Select and type the name of the output mosaic / DSM and set as format GeoTIFF, choose where to save the new merged file.
5. (only for DSM) activate the No data value box and type -10000.
6. Select the option Load into canvas when finished in order to see the merged file once it is generated.
7. Press OK.
Disclaimer: Pix4D publishes this information as a courtesy to its customers. Pix4D makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to the content's validity or accuracy.