Having more overlap leads to more accurate AAT results:
Potentially, if each point can be found in at least 5 images, (the quality report graphic Overlap displays green color: Quality report specifications), the accuracy will be better.
But the overlap is not the only factor that helps the AAT:
- Having very good, sharp images, then more points will be extracted
- If the area has many characteristic points (urban areas) many more points are generated than if the area is homogeneous (sand, snow, etc)
- GCPs and few manual tie points could also help.
After step.1 Initial Processing has been completed, to assess the accuracy of the AAT:
- Check the quality report. For step-by-step instructions: Quality Report Help.
- Create some manual tie points with the rayCloud marking them on 2 images and see their reprojection on the rest of the images. Good reprojection is a very good indicator of good AAT. For step by step instructions: How to import and mark Manual Tie Points (MTPs).
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)