The number of images that can be processed with Pix4D Desktop depends on the:
- Pixel resolution, image size.
- Level of details, spatial resolution, also called ground sampling distance (GSD): Ground sampling distance (GSD).
- Image content, number and complexity of features.
- Selected processing options and outputs.
- Capabilities of the available processing resources (hardware specifications).
The more images, the longer the processing time. However, because of all these factors, there is no rule to compute the exact time required to process a Pix4D project.
For more information about the processing speed regarding the hardware setup: Processing speed.
For more information about the minimum and recommended hardware for a given number of images: System requirements: Minimum and recommended computer specifications.
When a dataset is considered large for the capabilities of the available processing resources, it is recommended to split the project into smaller projects. The smaller projects can then, be merged. For more information: Processing Large Datasets.
Related Community post (Pix4D users sharing information about the largest number of processed images): Largest Number of Images