It is possible to merge projects for which step 1. Initial Processing has already been completed in Pix4Dmapper. This allows the combination of information from different projects into one single project.
Merging projects is useful when the dataset is considered large for the capabilities of the available processing resources.
Merging projects can speed-up step 1. Initial Processing time. It can also be used for projects having processing issues during step 1. Initial Processing with respect to memory use (not enough memory).
Before merging projects
- If a project is too large to be processed at once due to the processing resources, it can be split into subprojects.
- If a project consists of several flights, it is possible to process each flight separately and then merge the several subprojects.
1. Open Pix4Dmapper.
2. On the Menu bar, click Project > New Project..., the New Project wizard opens:
3. In Name, type a name for the merged project.
4. (optional) In Create in: click Browse... On the Select project location pop-up, navigate to select the folder where the project and results will be stored and click Select Folder.
5. (optional) Select the check box Use As Default Project Location to save all new projects in the selected folder.
6. Selected the option Project Merged from Existing Projects.
7. Click Next.
8. On the Merge Projects page, the Duplicate camera parameters option is activated by default. If the camera model of the different projects is the same, it is duplicated by adding the name of the project at the end of the original camera model name.
9. Click Add projects...
10. On the Select Projects pop-up that opens, browse to the project files. Select the projects to be merge (multiple selection is possible) and click Open.
11. Repeat step 9 and 10 to add more projects (if the processing resources can handle multiple projects)
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish to create the merged project.
14. Automatically (no user intervention) the subprojects are combined and processed together. The final results of step 1. Initial Processing starts are generated.
15. Verify the Quality Report. One block should be created.
16. If more than one blocks are created, connect the blocks together by adding Manual Tie Points in the intersection / common area between the subprojects following: 360000395103.
17. On the Menu bar, click Process > Reoptimize. (Even if only one block was generated directly after step 14, it is recommended to Reoptimize).
18. When the reconstruction consists of a single block, use the results to create another merged project, or start step 2. Point Cloud and Mesh and 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.