Download the latest version for Android or iOS. APKS should be downloaded to install on the DJI CrystalSky monitor:
Step 1. Plan the mission
1. Launch Pix4Dcapture.
2. Select your drone.
2.1. Tap Settings .
2.2. Tap Drone and select your drone.
3. Select a mission. For more information: (Android, iOS) Which type of mission to choose.
4. Move, resize, and rotate your mission so that it covers your project area.
5. Select a safe altitude.
6. Tap to customize your mission settings.
7. Save the mission for future use.
Step 2. Fly the mission
1. Place your drone in an area that you can safely take off from and land in.
2. Turn on your drone and controller according to your drone manufacturer's recommended order of operations.
3. Connect your phone or tablet to your drone according to your drone manufacturer's recommended order of operations.
4. Force close all drone applications that are open on your phone or tablet.
5. Launch Pix4Dcapture.
6. Choose a mission from the Projects List or plan a new mission.
7. Tap Start.
8. Verify that your drone is connected, then tap Next.
9. Complete the checklist, then tap or hold Start until the motors start spinning.
10. While your drone is flying:
- Keep your hands on the controller, phone, or tablet at all times.
- Maintain eye contact with your drone at all times.
- Take control or stop the mission by tapping Abort, changing flight modes, or moving the controller's joysticks.
11. When the mission finishes:
- Your drone automatically returns and lands at its home position.
- Take control of your drone if you want to land manually by changing flight modes or by moving the controller's joysticks.
Step 3. Process the images
Upload and process on Pix4Dcloud
Process locally with Pix4Dmapper application
1. Pix4Dcapture will automatically start downloading images to your phone or tablet after capturing the mission's final photo:
- Keep your drone and remote controller on and connected to your phone or tablet to wirelessly download your images.
- Pix4Dcapture creates a .p4d project file that you can use to process your project. Learn more about this .p4d file and how to use it: (Android, iOS) Is the .p4d file required for processing?.
2. (optional) Tap Cancel to stop downloading images wirelessly. You can transfer your images directly from your drone's SD card to your desktop or laptop.
You can upload your images directly to Pix4Dcloud after downloading them to your phone or tablet.
1. In the Home screen, tap Project List, and select your project.
2. Tap Upload Images.
3. You will receive an email when all of your images are uploaded and processing begins.
4. You will receive a second email when processing is finished.
Process locally with Pix4Dmapper application
For advanced processing options and outputs, transfer your images to your laptop or desktop computer to process with Pix4Dmapper application. Learn more about transferring your images to get started processing: (Android, iOS) How to transfer and process images after the mission.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)
Eu sou Geógrafo, comecei a usar drones para obtenção de imagens para mapeamento recentemente. O software Pix4Dmapper está me deixando muito satisfeito com os resultados. Recomendo muito :) :) :)
I'm a Geographer, I started using drones to get images for mapping recently. Pix4Dmapper software is making me very happy with the results. I highly recommend it :)
Hola ... tengo un problema ... al cambiar la bateria del drone ya no puedo continuar con la misión como puedo hacerlo ... De antemano gracias
Para saber cómo lograr vuelos con varias baterías utilizando Pix4Dcapture, le sugiero que lea este artículo en nuestra Knowledge Base. Te explicará los diferentes pasos a seguir.
Very good and easy to use, but need speed internet, timings and Hight capacity PC for running
We have been using a variety of flight planning APPS on iOS and Android devices.
We find the following functions missing in Pix4DCapture:
1. not being able to name flights in the Projects area, or upon saving a mission
2. no mission planning administration, meaning no function to share a flight plan with other users for their import
3. no KML/KMZ import function
4. no terrain following mode
We hope you will further develop Pix4DCapture to provide these options.
Flight area for every new flight is in the middle of the ocean. Can not move it to flight location. Please advise.
It usually happens if you don't have the GPS signal to your device. I would then suggest to you:
- to zoom out until you can see your position on the world map then position the grid over the desired location.
- Tap the button to recenter the grid over your current GPS position. (button on the bottom left corner of the screen).
Sto utilizzando spesso l'app con dji mavic air. Perfetta in tutto tranne per una cosa. Mi piacerebbe vedere in app le foto mentre vengono scattate. Non tanto per valutare l'overlap ma per vedere l'esposizione delle foto. Fissando i settaggi di ISO e shutter, col variare delle condizioni meteo si corre il rischio di avere foto sovraesposte o sottoesposte. Poter cambiare continuamente tali settaggi direttamente in app senza passare per dji go sarebbe l'ideale. Spero accogliate questo feed per un prossimo upgrade.
Grazie per il suo feedback. Nella sola versione iOS è disponibile la funzionalità Video feed all'interno della vista Camera: essa permette di vedere la visuale della fotocamera mentre il drone è connesso. Non è possibile visualizzare le foto prima della fine della missione al momento.
Hola, sigo las instrucciones al pie de la letra, pero no me reconoce el dron, es un mavic 2 pro, me he bajado la ultima versión de Pix4D, pero no consigue establecer conexión. gracias de antemano.
Hola, he seguido paso por paso las indicaciones y no hay forma de poder iniciar una mision, tengo un phantom 3SE y la app lo reconoce como phantom 3 advanced, alcanzo a llegar a la pantalla donde la app verifica todos los parametros y al tener los 3 segundos pulsado el boton para despegue me da un mensaje que hay un error con el drone, con dji go funciona Perfecto.
Here you can find all Supported drones, cameras and controllers
You may be able to find the answers you need in the online Troubleshooter, or in the documentation for Android or iOS. You can also connect with other users on the Community, that is closely monitored by our team, and ask for advice from your peers or check our basic checklist.
Please keep in mind that Pix4Dmapper can process images taken from virtually any application as long as they are of good quality and overlap. For more information: Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D's software?.
How can I upload a kml file to be used in pix4d capture ?
Currently, only available in Android: (Android) Import .kml/.kmz file
I like to know when or how I can use Pix4D Capture in the Autel Evo 2 Pro. I don't see the Autel in the drone list.
Currently, we don't have a plan to support Autel Evo 2 Pro with the Pix4Dcapture app.
I have to plan a number of flights, of small properties near to each other, but I can’t get the neighbouring properties in the flight plan, so I can’t do it all in one flight, so need to create numerous small area, but I can’t get the double grid small enough, it still over laps the properties I’m not allowed to photograph.
Please can you tell me how to create flight plans of a small property, for example the size of a small terraced house, is it possible, without over flying the property next door?
You can plan a polygon mission and set the boundaries such that it would fly above the other properties. If that is not possible, the free flight might be the option but getting proper overlap would be difficult.
very unstable app. I have the latest ver. of firmware for SC, updated firmware in my Mavic 2 Pro, Ctrl+DJI ver.1.9.9 Pix4D capture ver. 4.10.0 and very often during the mission the app stops after capturing certain amount of images ( around 20 or 30, it differs ) and go to the screen with Apps. Fortunately dron continue and finish the mission. I restart the app, but the telemetry does not work. Voice messages "going home and landing" are working properly. This happened to me several times. Sometimes the mission is accomplished successfully, but rarely.