Prior to any flights
- Pix4Dcapture is compatible with the drone and camera: (Android, iOS) Which drones are supported by Pix4Dcapture. If the drone/camera is not supported visit Which image acquisition app can I use with Pix4D's software?
- The latest version of Pix4Dcapture is installed on the iOS or Android mobile device. Note that Pix4Dcapture for Android requires to install an additional app, Ctrl+plugin, depending on the drone.
- The latest version of Ctrl+DJI (1.9.9) available on the Google Play Store is not compatible with devices running the Android 12 operating system. Install the Ctrl+DJI 1.9.10 beta version using the below link: Downloadable Link
- The latest drone firmware is installed.
- The area to fly is not a no-fly zone.
- The drone's SD card is correctly formatted and has enough space to store images.
- (Android) The drone manufacturer's original app is not selected as default: (Android) How to change default app when connecting to the drone.
- The drone manufacturer's app is not running in the background. Force quit if necessary: (Android, iOS) How to force quit an app.
- The correct drone and camera are selected in the settings of Pix4Dcapture.
Using the drone manufacturer's app
- The drone's camera and compass are calibrated.
- No flight setting conflicts with the mission, including maximum altitude, beginner mode, geofences, etc.
- The drone's fail-safe settings are configured so the drone will return home safely.
- Basic features are working properly:
- Manual takeoff and flying.
- Live video feed of the camera.
- Manual picture triggering.
If the app cannot connect to the drone, a takeoff checklist item fails, or something went wrong during the mission:
- Force quit Pix4Dcapture and reopen it: (Android, iOS) How to force quit an app.
- Restart your mission from scratch. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the cable from the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then switch on the drone and the controller, reconnect the USB cable and open Pix4Dcapture. On Android, launch Pix4Dcapture from Ctrl+plugin.
- If possible, try another iOS or Android mobile device.
- If possible, try another drone.
- Try another USB cable.