When facing a problem, it is strongly recommended to verify the following. It can be related to the connection and communication with the aircraft, the continuity of the mission, the image triggering, etc.
|WHAT TO CHECK
||HOW TO SOLVE
|Pix4D mobile application(s)||Access the app description in Google Play or App Store and check for update. For more information about the release notes: 200798215.|
|Drone mobile application
||Access the app description in Google Play or App Store and check for update.|
|Drone and remote controller firmware||Open the drone app, connect to the aircraft, and check for update.|
|A nearby wireless network could cause interference in the communication with the drone.||It is not recommended to fly in these areas.|
|The flight plan could be located in a no-fly zone (e.g. close to an airport).||Check for eventual restrictions in the area, unlock the no-fly zone in the drone app, or contact the manufacturer for more information.|
|The drone is too far from the flight plan.||For more information: 115001498026.|
|The aircraft and camera could be not supported, or not selected in Pix4Dcapture.||For more information about supported hardware: 203991609. Open Pix4Dcapture, tap settings in the home screen, and check the drone and camera (iOS) options.|
|The space on the SD card or internal memory could be insufficient.||Connect the drone to a computer and remove data if necessary.|
|The SD card could require reformatting.||Open the drone app, connect to the aircraft, and reformat the SD card using the corresponding option.|
|The drone and camera could require to be calibrated.||Open the drone app, connect to the aircraft, and proceed with calibration.|
|Safety limitations could prevent the drone from starting, e.g. maximum radius around the home point, maximum altitude, fail-safe, return-to-home, etc.||Open the drone app, connect to the aircraft, and check the safety settings.|
Other suggestions to investigate
- Is the connection to the aircraft successful using the drone app before starting Pix4Dcapture?
- Is there any alert popping up in the drone app giving more information about why the aircraft does not start (e.g. battery too cold or too hot, broken USB cable)?
- Is Pix4Dcapture working on Android but not on iOS (or vice versa) with the same drone?
- Is Pix4Dcapture working with another mobile device? Check the brand, model, and OS version.
- (Android) Try to open Ctrl+DJI or Ctrl+Parrot first and then tap Open Pix4Dcapture.
- Support material: