|Industrial Building - Parrot Bebop 2|
|The goal of this project is to get a 3D model of industrial building. Images were acquired with Parrot Bebop 2 using Pix4Dcapture.|
|3D Textured Mesh||3D Textured Mesh|
|General project information|
|Average Ground Sampling Distance (GSD)||9.25 cm / 3.64 in|
|Area covered||0.0113 km2 / 1.13 ha / 0.0043 sq. mi. / 2.79 acres|
|Output coordinate system||WGS84 / UTM zone 30N
Vertical Coordinate System: MSL egm96
|UAV||Parrot Bebop 2|
|Image acquisition software||Pix4Dcapture|
|Image acquisition plan||Grid Mission and Circular Mission|
|Camera||Bebop 2 camera|
|Number of images||138|
|Image geolocation coordinate system||WGS84|
|Download* and project files|
The dataset can be downloaded here.
The project can be found processed on Pix4D Cloud here.
The downloaded folder contains the following files and folders:
*The usage of this dataset is meant to be for personal and professional training. If you would like to use it for commercial or promotional objectives, please be sure to mention "Courtesy of Pix4D / pix4d.com" linking all this text to pix4d.com.
Follow the instructions to:
|Process the dataset using the included .p4d project file|
This section describes how to process the dataset in order to generate a 3D textured mesh of the building using Parrot Bebop 2.
1. Open the project example_bebop2_industrial_building.p4d.
3. On the Processing bar, click Start to start processing.
|Process the dataset creating a new project|
This section describes how to create and process a project in order to generate a 3D mesh of a house.
A) Create a new project:
1. Start Pix4D Desktop.
6. (optional) Select the check box Use As Default Project Location to save all new projects in the selected folder.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Images window.
9. Click Add Directories... and select the images folder to add the images to the project. The folder contains the images of the grid mission and circular flight. Click Choose.
The New Project wizard displays the Image Properties window. The image geolocation is automatically loaded from the image EXIF data and is given in WGS84 (latitude, longitude, altitude) coordinates with vertical coordinate system given by MSL = egm96. The camera model is loaded from the camera model database (Bebop2_1.8_4096x3320 (RGB)).
11. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Output Coordinate System window. By default the last output coordinate system selected in the software is selected.
12. Select Known Coordinate System and Advanced Coordinate Options. Click From List... button, select World Geodetic System 1984 datum and WGS 84 / UTM zone 30N coordinate system, click OK.
The New Project wizard displays the Processing Options Template window.
15. Click 3D Models to select the template. Click Finish to finish the wizard. The Processing bar opens at the bottom of the main window.
B) Process the project:
16. On the Processing bar select 1. Initial Processing and deselect 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.
When Initial Processing finishes, the rayCloud opens.
18. Use the rayCloud to define a Processing Area to remove noisy points from the background and to keep only points of the building. For more information about how to draw a Processing Area with the rayCloud: 202560179.
19. Edit the Processing Area to focus on the area of interest. For more information about how to edit a Processing Area with the rayCloud: 202560599.
20. On the Processing bar, deselect 1. Initial Processing, and select 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.