|Previous | Next|
At any given time there are two versions available to download:
- Pix4D Desktop: This version is meant for production work.
- Pix4D Desktop Preview: This version contains the newest features, but is not meant for production work.
To download the software:
- Go to: https://cloud.pix4d.com/download/.
- Download Pix4D Desktop or Pix4D Desktop Preview.
Once the software has been downloaded, install it using the following steps:
- Double click the downloaded file. The Pix4Dmapper Setup wizard starts.
- (optional): If the Open file - Security Warning pop-up appears, click Run.
- In the Pix4Dmapper Setup pop-up, in the Welcome to the Pix4Dmapper Setup Wizard screen, click Next >.
- (optional) Click Browse... to change the destination path for the installation and click Next >.
- Click Install.
- (optional) In the software information window: "Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer?", click Yes.
- Click Finish.
- A shortcut is created on your desktop and the software opens automatically once the installation is completed.
- The first time the software opens, the Pix4Ddesktop Login window appears:
- Type the Email and Password of the account and click Login.
- Read the End-User License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- Select one of these options:
- Request Pix4Dmapper Pro now (Free Trial) to activate a 15-day trial.
- Use Pix4Ddiscovery to activate the limited version.
- Choose a license to select among existing licenses on the account.
- Click OK.
Pix4D Desktop is now ready for processing.
You can change the language settings on Pix4D Desktop anytime:
- On the Menu bar, click Help > Settings…
- The Settings windows open:
- Click on the Language tab.
- Under Select the User Interface Language Section, select the language.
- Click OK.
The changes will take effect when the software is restarted.
The newest Pix4D Desktop and Pix4D Desktop Preview versions are always available for download as described in section Download.
Additionally, if a new version of Pix4D Desktop is available, a Software Update pop-up with three options is displayed when the software is opened:
- Download and Install Now to download and install the latest version available.
- Remind Me Later to not download or install the latest version. The pop-up will appear again in 10 days.
- Cancel to not download or install the latest version. No reminder will appear.
Starting from the 4.0 version a new license management has been implemented, enabling to remotely deactivate a device:
- Log out from Pix4D Desktop software
- Go to your License Management panel: https://cloud.pix4d.com/account/licenses .
- Under your Pix4Dmapper license, click Enable now:
- Log in Pix4D Desktop software. This will automatically register the device on the Licenses page.
- To deactivate the device, access the webpage https://cloud.pix4d.com/account/licenses and click Deactivate .