|Previous | Next|
At any given time there are two versions available to download:
- Pix4D Desktop: This version is meant for production work.
- Pix4D Desktop Preview: This version contains the newest features, but is not meant for production work.
To download the software:
- Go to the download page.
- Download Pix4D Desktop or Pix4D Desktop Preview.
Once the software has been downloaded, install it using the following steps:
1. Double-click the downloaded file. The Pix4Dmapper Setup wizard starts.
2. (optional) If the pop-up Open file - Security Warning appears, click Run.
3. In the pop-up Pix4Dmapper Setup, in the screen Welcome to the Pix4Dmapper Setup Wizard, click Next.
4. (optional) Click Change... to change the destination path for the installation and click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. (optional) In the software information window: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?", click Yes.
7. Click Finish.
8. A shortcut is created on your desktop and the software opens automatically once the installation is completed.
9. The first time the software opens, the window Pix4Ddesktop Login appears:
10. Type the Email and Password of the account and click Login.
11. Read the End-User License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
12. Select one of these options:
12.1 Request Pix4Dmapper now (free trial) to activate a 15-day trial.
12.2 Use Pix4Ddiscovery to activate the limited version.
12.3 Available licenses to select among existing licenses on the account.
13. Click OK.
Pix4D Desktop is now ready for processing.
You can change the language settings on Pix4D Desktop at anytime:
1. Start Pix4D Desktop.
2. On the menu bar, click Help > Settings…
3. In the window Settings, select the tab Language.
4. Select the user interface language from the drop-down list.
5. Click OK.
The changes will take effect when the software is restarted.
The most recent Pix4D Desktop and Pix4D Desktop Preview versions are always available for download. Additionally, if a new version of Pix4D Desktop is available, a pop-up Software Update with three options is displayed when the software is opened:
- Download and Install Now to download and install the latest version available.
- Remind Me Later to not download or install the latest version. The pop-up will appear again in 10 days.
- Cancel to not download or install the latest version. No reminder will appear.
Starting from the 4.0 version, a new license management has been implemented, enabling to remotely deactivate a device:
1. Log out of Pix4D Desktop.
2. Go to the License Management panel.
3. Under the license, click Enable now.
4. Log in Pix4D Desktop. This will automatically register the device on the License page.
5. To deactivate the device, go to the License Management panel and next to thedevice name click Deactivate.