Two options are available regarding the basemap in the app. They apply for both the street and satellite background:
1. The possibility to save the background on the device (not only cached) to have it available when planning a mission and flying without Internet connection (offline).
2. The choice for the map provider. The default provider is Mapbox (powered by OpenStreetMap) for the street and satellite basemap.
To create and save a mission in a new project:
1. In the Home screen, tap Polygon mission, Grid Mission, Double Grid Mission or Circular Mission.
2. In the Map view, tap Save. This opens the Project view of the Project List where the default flight is saved in the newly created project. On the toolbar, should blink few seconds. The basemap is successfully exported when is displayed.
3. Select the flight and tap Open to continue planning, edit the mission and start flying.
To add other missions in this project:
4. In the Home screen, tap Project List.
5. In the Project List screen, select the project where the mission was created, probably the first project in the list.
6. In the Mission view, tap to create other missions. For more information: (Android) How to use the Project List.
In some places, tiles of the default provider are out dated or missing depending on the zoom level. It can be possible to zoom but no tile is displayed or the zoom level is blocked.
To use an alternative map provider:
1. In the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, in the section Maps, tap Street basemap provider or Satellite basemap provider.
3. Tap the current provider to display the drop-down list and select another name. Scroll down if needed.
4. Other options:
- Tap the pencil icon to edit the current provider.
- Tap the plus icon to add a provider.
- Tap the bin icon to remove the selected provider.
Edit or add the Label and URL of the map provider. For more information: Tile Map Service.